(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Wendy Moon Archive
 2008 Blog posts
 12-31-Phoenix rising: Moonrider reborn
Member  Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Moonrider
Female Junior Member
26 Posts

St. Louis, MO
USA

Honda

VFR 750F
Peer Review: Blocked

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  3:19 PM                       Like
On New Year's Eve, I got up to find an e-mail from a reader from the old Journalspace blog. He commiserated with me about the death of Journalspace and he hoped that I had the data elsewhere and would post it elsewhere. What on earth was he talking about? So I checked and sure enough somehow-the drives that contained all the Journalspace data had been wiped clean. Everything was gone forever. So no more Journalspace. No more Moonrider. No more information that contradicts the official view of the motorcycle industry about rider training.

A few weeks before, I had written I was taking a break. I was very discouraged at the time-I felt I had worked very hard for years to little effect. I said it was a break but I really had planned to give it up entirely. I was just going to take a couple months before I said it definitively. Otoh, it had been four years of my life and a hell of a lot of very hard work, thousands of dollars and a whole lot of heartache-and even though it had done little good, it was still there in case it was helpful to someone some day. And now it was gone forever. And it was four years of work-and to have it disappear entirely was unpleasant.

I thought about it a lot yesterday and decided there is a value in having an alternative view of the efficacy and safety of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider training curriculum available on the Internet. I do have a copy of most of the material that was posted on the Journalspace Moonrider Blog-but not in a form that could be easily just copied over into a new blog or website. And I've lost all the valuable comments readers had shared over the years. It's not an easy thing-nor necessarily a valuable thing to repost it as it was. For one thing, it would be almost impossible to duplicate the order of entries. Nor would it be particularly helpful to do it in that way.

What was a disaster for Journalspace, then, gives me a chance to re-create a body of work that gives a non-industry and non-governmental perspective on rider training and motorcycle safety. Do it differently this time and hopefully I will be able to do a little more effectively.

So that's what I'm going to do over time-I'm just going to do it a little differently. And I'll continue to write on issues that have come up recently and those that will come up in the future.
   Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05