(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Off Theme
 Humor ... the lighter side
 Birthday sentiments
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17286 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  9:03 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend    DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
I have been invited to Cash's mother's birthday party. She is NINETY years old.

I wrote a brief sentiment to her:

When you were born they hadn't even invented computers yet. Did they still have dinosaurs?

What will her reaction be?

Results:
She will swallow her dentures   [6%] 1 votes 
She will not invite me to her 100th birthday party   [44%] 8 votes 
She will smirk   [39%] 7 votes 
She will wonder what dinosaurs are   [6%] 1 votes 
She will wonder who I am   [56%] 10 votes 
She will enjoy the fun   [106%] 19 votes 
She will spend the rest of the day blowing out candles   [17%] 3 votes 
= Guests (1 ballots)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Ballots: 18 »»   Last Vote: 09/20/2011 12:03 PM 

kacinpa
Male Advanced Member
802 Posts
[Mentor]

Lansdale, PA
USA

Triumph

Sprint GT

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  9:31 PM
Since Cash seems to be the #1 contributor to the humor forum of late, I have to figure that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and she will enjoy the joke.
Go to Top of Page

Mikeydude
Male Advanced Member
742 Posts
[Mentor]

Ft. Worth, Texas
USA

Harley-Davidson

03 FXD Super Glide

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  11:03 PM
I'd go ATGATT just to be safe.
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17286 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  11:30 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  

You guys are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Axiom2000
Male Moderator
1761 Posts
[Mentor]

Georgetown, Delaware
USA

BMW

F 800 GT

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  5:07 AM
I don't know the lady, but given the possible responses I am assuming you do. If you don't know how she may react to that birthday message, then duck and cover comes to mind. If we never hear from you again we can guess it did not go well.

Wish her a Happy Birthday from the forum, however.
Go to Top of Page

MattInFla
Male Senior Member
254 Posts
[Mentor]

Casselberry, FL
USA

Harley-Davidson

Electra Glide Classi

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  5:14 AM
This being a safety site, I'll suggest that you consider the safety implications of taunting a woman who has immediate access to that many burning projectiles.

Got Nomex?
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6888 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  4:58 PM
That's interesting that the poll shows up as closed the first time that I see it. Oh well.

My mother just turned 90 in June, so we spent three days celebrating. We took a family group photo (ALL descendents plus spouses) and had a barbecue on Friday, an adult dinner on Saturday for her children, grandchildren, and spouses (no great grandchildren), then a backyard get-together where all family was there plus other friends and relatives.

My mother felt that those three days with everyone around was as close to heaven on earth as she was likely to get. It was worth me paying for six hotel rooms for my kids who don't live in the area to have that experience.
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17286 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  5:35 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Hmmm I thought I had set it for two weeks. I'll check it again.

[edit: Yep it's open until 9/4]
Go to Top of Page

twc
Male Advanced Member
836 Posts
[Mentor]

Fort Collins, CO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Electra Glide Ultra

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  6:14 PM
It shows "locked" for me, as well.
Go to Top of Page

rayg50
Male Moderator
2082 Posts
[Mentor]

NYC, NY
USA

Honda

Shadow Spirit 750DC

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  8:16 PM
Poll Status: Locked Total Ballots: 10 Last Vote: * Today * 8:48 AM
Poll Closes: 09/04/2011
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17286 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  9:37 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Got it! I created the poll in the 'polls' forum which allows polls. Later, I moved it to the 'Humor' forum, which is setup NOT to allow polls. Thus, after I moved it, the poll showed up as 'locked'.

I have enabled polls in this forum for the next two weeks only so that the poll will unlock the poll.

Sorry. [groan]
Go to Top of Page

rayg50
Male Moderator
2082 Posts
[Mentor]

NYC, NY
USA

Honda

Shadow Spirit 750DC

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  6:50 PM
I agree that Cash inherited her enjoyment for all things funny. If her mom is like mine she will laugh, stop half way through the laugh, land a strategically placed knee, and laugh all the heartier.
Go to Top of Page

Cash Anthony
Female Administrator
1466 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, Texas
USA

Honda

Magna 750

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  10:02 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
In fact, Mom did have a lot of fun being teased, and I didn't see any knees being landed in a sensitive spot.

She didn't know what ATGATT meant until Jim explained it, but she did understand and appreciate the reference to "flaming projectiles."

And an invitation to her 100th birthday party was issued. I'm betting she'll enjoy that one, too.

Cash
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05