(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Trip Reports
 1,242 miles, 5 days in Oregon
Member  Discussion Topic Next Topic  

onthebeach
Male Standard Member
110 Posts

Arch Cape, Oregon
USA

BMW

2017 BMW R1200RT

Posted - 09/18/2016 :  3:58 PM                       Like
I made a ride from the Oregon coast to Baker City and back taking 5 days for the trip and covering 1,242 miles. Great weather, wonderful roads, and spectacular views. I created a trip report which can be seen here: http://www.archcape.com/events/2016...t/index.html

This is my route:

Here is my tip for enjoying a long ride such as this: When you are out on some beautiful country road and you come up behind a slow vehicle watch for the next scenic spot with an easy place to pull over and stop. Take a picture or two here. You can take off again and ride at your own pace. If instead you pass the rig you will never want to stop again because if you do that rig is going to pass you. This strategy lets you ride at the pace you desire and also return with lots of memorable photos.
   Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05