(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 How To ...
 Add-ons / Customization
 Installed a LED headlight
Member  Discussion Topic Next Topic  

rkfire
Advanced Member
1689 Posts

Stratford, CT
USA

Suzuki

Bandit

Posted - 04/17/2015 :  6:34 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend                        Like
I've played with different bulbs a few times, but CycleGear had a sale on LED replacement bulb kits, so I bought one.

My bikr has a standard 7 inch headlight bucket, using an H4 bulb. The LED light comes with a new socket, pigtail wire, transformer box, then plugs into the standard plug. I mounted the credit card size transformer at the rear outside of the bucket. It's pretty crowded inside my headlight.

The light is very white, and seems an improvement, but I just haven't fine tuned the aim, or ridden much in the dark yet. I'll try to report how it is when I've got it adjusted, and driven some at night.

The box says 2200-2400 lumens, and 24 watt (presumably high beam). The saving of watts may help cold starting, and maybe lessen the load for heated grips and gear. Supposedly 30k hour lifespan too.

So far though, this looks like a good improvement.

TonicBIA
Male Senior Member
382 Posts

Arlington, Va
USA

Triumph

Sprint ST

Posted - 04/29/2015 :  1:51 PM
Can you verify it has a high beam? It looks like the plug only has two pins to go into the bike's H4 connector.

Would be a great addition to my old yamaha where the headlight is the biggest power sucker.
Go to Top of Page

rkfire
Advanced Member
1689 Posts

Stratford, CT
USA

Suzuki

Bandit

Posted - 04/30/2015 :  8:45 AM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
It does have a high beam. The plug to the H4 socket has 3 blades.
Go to Top of Page
   Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 1.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05